Thursday, September 3, 2009



Welcome to The Doodle Factory...



I am happy to announce the informal launch of the Doodle Factory, (my long overdue craft project)! I know the name is a little corny but what can I say.... I'm a compulsive doodler and the sooner I accept it the better it is for me!

i.doodle :) i.doodle.anywhere.anytime.allthetime!!! :D
This doodle above was made on hairband packaging card!!! No throw-aways are safe from me!
& I love it. I doodle on anything and everything and I know my doodles are good! So I started with doodling over drawings made by my kids and their friends and....



This fish was painted by Arya at age 3.

... lo and behold 2 years later they feature in an alphabet book published by none other than Scholastic, earlier in 2009! Now, that only encouraged me to doodle more. And for me doodling is liberation.
After the book I decided to expand the doodle world. I made mugs first with the same doodles as the alphabet book & put them in retail stores in Pune. And the response was amazing!

The original doodles made on child art found their way on these delightful mugs!

But they were not really very affordable for all and I didn't like that.

So I decided to expand into lower priced products and started to explore cloth and paper.



When selecting my next product though I was more inclined to choose something that was more environment conscious. So I chose to make only objects of utility and that too with reusable, recyclable, eco-conscious materials that caused minimum damage to the environment. It was a tough choice and even tougher to find the right resources. But it just takes a certain amount of tenacity and a lot of stubbornness to not settle for anything else or less... because I found it! Organic fair-trade cotton and recycled, untreated, unbleached papers!!! This opened up amazing possibilities for me and I am forging ahead with my line of doodle factory products.


Here are a few you can enjoy.



Here is the heritage series of doodles featuring popular Marathi nursery rhymes
This one is "Chandobaa chandobaa bhaaglaas ka?" on Bags, Bookmarks & Mugs.
The bags are 100% organic fair-trade cotton,

and the bookmarks are made from 100% recycled paper. :)
Also if you look closely, the bookmarks are magnetic.
This way they snap onto the page and don't slip out easily!



My first organic cotton t-shirts modeled by Suhas and Arya!


The Doodle Factory Products are available at
Warsaa stores at Ishanya Mall and Shaniwar wada, Pune;

Either Or, Sohrab Hall, Pune & Loose Ends, Linking Road, Bandra, Mumbai.

I will be posting more images of my products in the next few days.
Please keep checking in. Still more to come are medicinal pillows, aprons
& a look at the new graphics!


For any queries or suggestions or to place orders write to
thedoodlefactorypune@gmail.com




2 comments:

  1. hey ! the doodle factory sounds pretty amazing ! i really like the artistic stuff that you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doodle factory product: Chandoba series takes me back to my childhood days...so creative and so c lose to the heart....beautiful work...

    ReplyDelete